You can define a private static variable to hold your data in your
widget. When users click a link, you can load data from server because
this variable is null and assign data to this variable. When users
click the same link, you can use the same data to rende your widget.

Jim
http://www.gwtorm.com
http://code.google.com/p/dreamsource-orm/