Status update: the library is ready, i'm translating the various JS
samples into GWT to include in the first download, using the same
format as the Google Maps sample app which is contained the in the gwt-
maps-1.0.4.zip available here:
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-google-apis/wiki/Downloads?tm=2

This is the fun part. :)

Bobby