Hi Again,

I looked around and couldn't find 'removeAllMarkers' in either
openlayers.Map or in Ext.ux.GMapPanel, so to figure out exactly how
they implemented those with the Google Maps API, you'll have to look
at the source where you got your distribution from.

One thing you can look at is to make sure you are using a recent
version of the maps API.  In the URL where you load the Maps API
script, check the version.  If you are currently using "v=2"  try
"v=2.x". More info about the version number:

 http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/index.html#API_Updates

If you want to avoid memory leaks, one thing you can do is to not
create and destroy markers, but instead re-use them.  You can just
hide them or move them off the map when you aren't using one.  An
example of re-using the markers in raw javascript is here under
comment #15:

http://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=945

-Eric.