On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Thomas Broyer<t.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15 juil, 21:36, David Peterson <da...@randombits.org> wrote:
>>
>> Presenter Pattern API: http://code.google.com/p/gwt-presenter
>
> I wouldn't have made the "place" a part of the presenter (it isn't any
> different than the presenter registering itself a change handler on
> History).
> The whole point of the "place" service is to decouple your "URL
> patterns" from your components: the place service just:
>  - listens to history change events, "interprets" them and fire
> appropriate events on the event bus ("please display the contact with
> ID=12345", "please display the list of contacts")
>  - listens to events fired by other components and updates the URL
> (History.newItem(newToken, false)); for instance, when you click on a
> contact in the contact list, the list fires a "picked contact (the one
> with ID=12345)" event, some component listens to it and updates the
> display to show the contact info, and the place service listens to it,
> maps it to a history token and updates the History. Or maybe the
> component that displays the contact fires a "contact displayed (the
> one with ID=12345)" event, and the place service listens to this one
> instead.

Good point Thomas. So, the place service would directly call some
presenter or talk to the presenter by events.
Considering my sample application and the url (
http://host/bit.html#edit;issue=1 ):
- the place service would fire an IssueEditEvent with the issue id=1
- the main presenter would take this event and call the appropriated
method in the IssueEditPresenter

Thanks for the feedback Mr. Broyer, I will make a mix of the
gwt-presenter project and mine, implementing this place service as
well.

Best regards,

--
Eduardo S. Nunes