Your question is not 100% clear to me... but I will answer the
question as I understood it :-)

If you want to know what the coordinates are for a Widget in a table
then you will need to use the DOM API to find the TD and TR and
determine the index of these. There is no API available that gives you
the information, unless if you need the info when an event occurs
inside the table. In that case your can use the getCellForEvent method
(maybe you could use an onFocus/onBlur to lookup the coordinates ?).

I guess you are already using the DOM API, as I do, since you feel
like your are a bit hacking. I think it would make sense to request a
method getCell( Widget widget ) as a public API method since we are
now forced to look at the internals of the table widget - what if it
ever gets implemented differently ? Chances are low, but that just
means that it might just happen faster than you think according to
Muphy's law.

David