I hope that this is an easy question for all of you.  I apologize if this
has been answered before.

I have set up security with LDAP and ACEGI, using jsp pages that are called
when requests are intercepted via ACEGI.  It works great.  Upon successful
login and determining that the user has the appropriate role, the gwt
application is entered.

There are two problems I have, and I think that they are related.

1.) When you press the back button, you are left with the original state of
the page you first came to.  So, tab pages have default values and all of
that.  How do you keep that information when you go back in the browser?

2.) Once I logout the user, it is still possible to visit the old page and
do work on it, even though in reality the session has been invalidated.  If
I were to branch to another page from the original one, I would be
redirected to the login page, but not upon orginally hitting the back
button. How do I tell the browser that the old page is now invalidated?