I'm looking at using GWT in an OSGi application.  We want to be able
to add extra features as bundles.  These bundles would add new
database tables, workflows and screens to an existing application.

I think it would be easy to add something to the menu - have a service
where the clients polls the server for new menu items, the server uses
an OSGi service to check for new features, and the client simply
rebuilds the menu.

I'm less certain as to how to SHOW a new feature at the UI after it is
added to a menu.  I would think by the time the client code has been
compiled and sent to the browser, it's too late to do RootPanel.get
("xx").add( yy);

Is there some kind of reference I can pass to the client that it can
use to show a new screen in a 'div' or 'object' section?  Would I have
to pass the HTML application page for the new feature? If so, how
would I have the browser show it?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike