I'm persisting an entity to Bigtable with the member "user" of type
com.google.appengine.api.users.User. Essentially, I'm adding multiple
entities for a specific user to the table and then later on trying to
find all entries that a specific user entered to display in a list.

I'm having a problem with the query and am not sure if the syntax is
wrong or if I need to manually create an index? The following code
works but it finds all entries and not the ones for the current user:

String query = "select from " + TimeEntryEntity.class.getName() + "
order by date desc";
List<TimeEntryEntity> entities = (List<TimeEntryEntity>) pm.newQuery
(query).execute();

If I execute the following query, it does not return any results:

String query = "select from " + TimeEntryEntity.class.getName() + "
where user == '"+ getUser().getEmail() +"' order by date desc";

I also tried just using the user object:

String query = "select from " + TimeEntryEntity.class.getName() + "
where user == '"+ getUser() +"' order by date desc";

Thanks for the help!

Jeff