None of the plugin developers has made an announcement or offered a
release date. They have responded to questions from anxious developers
eager to see the new version by offering their own hopes or
expectations for delivery. That's more then you get from many
projects, partially for the very reason we see here: when those
aspirations aren't met, people who interpreted them as official
commitments start complaining.

I shouldn't have to haul out my soap box here. Have a little patience
and put this in perspective. You are not paying customers and no one
here is under any obligation to you. If you want hard delivery dates
and commitments, get out your checkbook and see if anyone bites. A
polite "how's that coming along" inquiry is, I would think, an
appreciated sign of community interest. But if you want to sit in the
back seat and yell "are we there yet" at the drivers, either accept
that "soon" is a valid answer or, if you're lucky enough to get
something more precise, understand that it's somebody sticking their
neck out trying to be helpful.

be announced.