We have a nice GWT project that hits our XQuery server but are missing out on many of the features of GWT, and I'm trying to add them in despite our non-standard configuration.  The overall situation should be identical to GWT+Ruby or PHP, except that we are using XQuery as the back end language.

One item is that I get either

"The development shell servlet received a request for 'MyApp.css' in module 'com.foo.app.MyApp.JUnit.gwt.xml' "

errors, and/or cross-domain violations when I try to Run JUnit to test a service.  Specifically, the files are simply not found when I use a relative URL for the RequestBuilder, and if I hardcode the URL to be the correct server+port I also get cross-domain violations.

Our setup is that we use GWT with v 1.6 to push compiled .js into a war directory which also contains XQuery code, and have our non-java server serve up files from that location.  Running JUnit (or hosted mode) however seems to lock us into the embedded tomcat that GWT uses.  Are there standard workarounds?  I'm considering trying to proxy everything with a small Java server that is also running to provide some file processing utilities we need, but am concerned about the performance impact of that approach.

Thoughts or pointers would be appreciated.

Damon