Say there's a button.css file provided with gwt-ext as follows.

.button-1 {...}

.button-2 {...}

Now if you want to reuse above classes, I think you can just use them as in
normal cases.

If you want to override them, you'll have to create a css class with the
same name and set the attributes you want.

Have tried like that?

Kamal Mettananda
http://lkamal.blogspot.com