I'd like to use some external libraries in GWT for the server code,
but get the error mentioned above.  I took a look at the page at
http://code.google.com/intl/fr/webtoolkit/articles/using_gwt_with_hibernate.html,
which seems to do just that, and even downloaded the code zip file.
But, I haven't been able t figure out how they get it to compile.
There certainly doesn't seem to be any Hibernate source code involved

 Is there some sort of compiler flag to set, or other way to tell GWT
to not peruse the source code?  It seems that the GWT compiler ought
to be able to figure out what classes it needs to look at and which it
doesn't (presumably the only ones it needs to look at are those being
serialized, and the servlets that are going to provide them - but for
the latter group only to see what is being serialized, and not the
other details of how those objects get populated).