first, thank you for your help.

Second: I read your answers and I understand that I need to put my
text in CDATA sections.
What I don't understand is why I need to to this

Element product = xml.createElement(*PRODUCTTAG*);
Element productUID = xml.createElement(*PRODUCTUIDTAG*);
Text productUIDText = xml.createTextNode(*this*.productUID);
productUID.appendChild(productUIDText);
product.appendChild(productUID);
products.appendChild(product);

first: - can you explain what are your constants (PRODUCTTAG,
PRODUCTUIDTG) about? It will help me understand better your example.
Thanks
second: - should i create a TextNode or a CDATA node like you wrote
before, to read text between cdata tags?
third : - what you do is to create a TextNode with "content" tag,
right? Then you append this node somewhere in the Document, then you
get it back with contents = element.getElementsByTagName("content"); ,
right?

Answering your question: contents is a collection, cause the
getElementsByTagName("content") returns all the nodes that have
"content" tag, so I use item(x) to retrieve the item x in that
collection.

Besides, my xml is like that,
<pages>
 <page>
    <content>first text here</content>
 </page>
 <page>
    <content>second text here</content>
 </page>
</pages>

So i need to create a text element for EACH item in that collection,
right?

Sorry for my dumb questions but i can't really figure out what is the
right solution for my problem, thank you again for your time.

Bye