We talked about providing a way to suppress the missing async interface
error while exploring the RPC validation feature.  However, for the majority
of scenarios you should have a sync/async pair so we left that capability
out.
The one case that I've seen where suppressing the validation makes sense is
in the internal GWT code, where we are testing the RPC generator's failure
modes and so we purposely leave the async interface undefined.

That said, you can submit a feature request to the GWT issue
tracker<http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/list>if you
think that we should allow the suppression of this error.

--
Miguel