There are some incompatibilities between Eclipse's Dynamic Web Projects, and
applying the GWT Nature to these projects. When we wrote the plugin, we did
not explicitly try to integrate with Eclipse's J2EE support. However, a few
people on here have figured out a way to make the two work together. See the
following link for more information:
http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_thread/thread/39e0ff6325e4d504/55bfd342d77ec910

Keep in mind that when applying the GWT Nature, you need to create your
'war' directory first, and then apply the nature. If you did not do this,
you can correct the problem by removing the nature, applying the changes,
and then re-adding the nature. See
http://code.google.com/eclipse/docs/existingprojects.html for more
information.

If you're still stuck, post back here with the details (including extra
information, especially in the case of a GWT Compilation failure).