@Tercio On GXT Store vs SmartGWT DataSource, the SmartGWT architecture
is the correct one here and is a superset of GXT's.

When you have a large dataset you frequently have multiple components
working with independent, smaller slices of that large dataset, each
with different criteria and sort order, and each independently
managing paging and a partial cache.  In SmartGWT each of these is
called a ResultSet.  A ResultSet can be shared between components, and
some components automatically re-use ResultSets in an LRU fashion when
the component needs a subset of a dataset that has already bean
loaded.  All ResultSets observe the DataSource and automatically
update their caches when a change occurs that affects their slice of
the dataset.

http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/javadoc/com/smartgwt/client/data/ResultSet.html

When you are working with smaller datasets, you can simply tell a
DataSource to go into clientOnly mode and it behaves like GXT's simple
"Store":

http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/javadoc/com/smartgwt/client/data/DataSource.html#setClientOnly%28java.lang.Boolean%29

We believe that GXT will eventually have to revise their architecture
to match SmartGWT, most likely breaking backwards compatibility at
that time.  Take a close look and think about the use cases
surrounding large datasets and I think you'll reverse your opinion on
which architecture is the correct one, and is more advanced.

Bear in mind also: we offer SmartGWT under the LGPL for free, and this
free product has a lot more features that what you have to pay for
with GXT (unless you can accept GPL - very rare).  For the $745 price
tag of SmartGWT Pro, you're getting a huge amount of Java-based server
functionality and a visual design tool (Visual Builder).  It's simply
not valid to compare price tag of SmartGWT Pro to GXT; it's more
accurate to compare the free SmartGWT to the paid GXT, where SmartGWT
Pro is another class of product entirely.

@pmonestie We just addressed issues with GWT interop last week.