Greetings Everyone!

I am relatively new to web development and I started to use GWT just a few
days ago.

I have the following problem:
The ListBox widget does not implement the HasLoadHandlers interface and I
have a ListBox that I would like to load with some data from a server. I
extended ListBox as class LoadableListBox. I searched for some examples and
created the code below:

public class LoadableListBox extends ListBox implements HasLoadHandlers{

public HandlerRegistration addLoadHandler(LoadHandler handler) {
return addHandler(handler, LoadEvent.getType());
          }

@Override
 public void fireEvent(GwtEvent<?> event) {

I have another class which implements the LoadHandler interface and
overrides its void onLoad(LoadEvent event) method. With the code above, the
LoadableListBox on the page does not load.
What is the correct way of implementing a HasXXXHandlers interface?

Thank you very much for your help,
Tamás Gömbös

P.S.: Alternatively, I tried to load the data into the widget via its
parent's void onLoad() method and it doesn't load the ListBox when I open
the page, only if I reload it. I suppose this is because of the
client-server mechanism or something like that. I don't go into details in
this case, because I think the correct way is the former.