Hi venkl,

We use RPC because it makes things so simple.
For some of our service calls we pass java objects as parameters to
the service.

The response coming back are also java objects. such as lists and
arrays of data etc.
Boolean, integers, dates etc are automatically converted, and arrive
in their native format on either side (client or server).

RPC will automatically convert the java object, and escape any funny
characters and send the objects back and forth from client to server
etc.

If you don't use RPC, then you as the Programmer,  will be responsible
for creating your own messages, and parsing them.  You will also need
to make sure you encode/decode any special HTTP reserved  characters.

RPC is great if you are comfortable using a Java Servlet on the
server.

If  you want to use PHP, or other types of services, then you must use
JSON, or XML etc to pass your data back an forth, unless the response
is simple text.

Mike.