I am trying to compile the java class SlicrPopulatr, found here:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-ad-gwt2/index.html?S_TACT=105AGX44&S_CMP=EDU

The following error occurs though:
   Refreshing module from source
      Validating newly compiled units
         Removing units with errors
            Errors in 'file:/C:/gwt/Slicr/src/com/ibm/examples/client/
client/SlicrPopulatr.java'
               Line 19: The method forName(String) is undefined for
the type Class
            Errors in 'file:/C:/gwt/Slicr/src/com/ibm/examples/client/
client/ToppingTestr.java'
               Line 22: The method forName(String) is undefined for
the type Class

After doing some research it seems that the method forName is not
allowed by GWT. How do I pass the required Derby URL not using
forName? This is a homework assignment for an online class, but can
someone please point me in the right direction?  I have not had any
luck trying to find an answer by myself.

Thank you.