On Aug 27, 3:55 pm, Thomas Broyer <t.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27 août, 19:44, Tim Martens <timmy.mart...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It boils down to a race condition between the content being updated
> > and keystrokes in the TextBox.  If they happen at the same time,
> > rendering freezes.  The only way I can prevent this from happening is
> > to block the javascript event loop while I build/update the content.
> > Which is obviously not a solution.  This is a show stopper for us
> > using GWT on the IPod Touch/IPhone.
>
> Is it at least a GWT issue? (re issue 3988 [1])
>
> Did you try a similar pure-JS code?
> <!DOCTYPE html>
> <title>Will it kill the iPhone?</title>
> <script>
> var box = document.getElementById("box");
> var label = document.getElementById("label");
> box.onkeyup = function() {
>    label.innerText = box.value;};
>
> </script>

I had to modify the code slightly, but it works fine on my IPhone.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<title>Will it kill the iPhone?</title>
<script>
var box = document.getElementById("box");
var label = document.getElementById("label");
box.onkeyup = function() {
   label.innerHTML = box.value;
};

</script>

I also tried setting a timeout to mimic the DeferredCommand I was
using:

setTimeout('label.innerHTML = box.value',250);

Can't get the pure JS to crash the IPhone.  Seems to me that it is a
GWT issue...

> If it doesn't blow-up, try again wrapping everything in a <table> (to
> simulate the VerticalPanel) in case their would a problem with the

Tried using FlowPanels.  Didn't seem to make a difference