Hi,

I have built a very small client / server side app to read a MYSQL
database.

I have installed the MySQL via the Windows  installer.  Set a database
via the Console of MySQL.

When I get to the Servre side code listed below it fails as loading
the Driver.

I know I am missing something as I am real new at this.  Do I have to
install a driver on my pc first for this to work........really
frustrating.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Error Message:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

        public Connection getConnection() throws Exception {
                String driver = "org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver";       //
com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
                String url = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/dogs";     //
127.0.0.1:3306/dogs";
                String username = "root";
                String password = "mypass";

                Class.forName(driver).newInstance(); // load MySQL driver
                Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url, username,
password);