My problem is exactly the same as the one described at:
http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Web-Toolkit/browse_thread/thread/244850e9cde1c733/da5c6bfeb61c8109?show_docid=da5c6bfeb61c8109

Basically, I get the following exception when trying to establish a
connection to a Postgresql Database from a GWT project using app engine.

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Your security policy has prevented the
connection from being attempted.  You probably need to grant the connect
java.net.SocketPermission to the database server host and port that you wish
to connect to.
    at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:282)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:154)
Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.net.SocketPermission myhost.com resolve)

Users in the google group thread suggest to uncheck the App Engine feature
of the project. It seems this simple action fixes the problem.
Unfortunately, my project requires the App Engine feature. I have verified
the configuration files of the database server, and everything seems to be
fine. I made a simpler project (which does not use GWT) to test the
connection to the DB server and to query the database, and it works well.
However, the same code does not work when it is invoked inside the server
side of my GWT/APP engine application.

Is this a known bug of GWT? is App Engine conflicting with the DB Driver? I
am using the latest DB driver for Postgresql.

If I split my project and I create a GWT module that connects to the DB
server  (and does not use App Engine), and then inherit this module into the
main project (the one using App Engine), would that solve my problem? If so,
is there any other solution instead of doing this??

Thanks, I really appreciate any help from you guys. I am new on GWT/App
Engine, and I really did not expect that connecting to Postgresql databases
would be a problem.

RSN