I am guessing its because you have already opened the stream by
calling the resp.setContentType("text/plain"); method, and are then
trying to get a Writer object. You can either use Stream based
classes, or Writer based classes - not both.

Either remove the setContentType(), or send the response using
response.getOutputStream() method. That should solve the problem.

--sri