RequestBuilder classes can only be used on the client side. The exception
you are getting is essentially telling you 'You cannot use this class on the
server side'.

To make a GET/POST request from your server code is actually simple and
doesn't have anything to do with GWT. You can use the standard java.net.URL
class.

public void myRPCMethod() {

      URL url = new URL("
http://www.services.dynmark.com/HttpServices/SendMessage.ashx?";);
      InputStream in = url.openStream();

      //Read from the InputStream
      // Extract information from XML and return necessary data
}

If you want more options/control, you should use the Apache HttpClient
library http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/tutorial.html

--Sri