Thanks, this clarifies things, except I have one point of contention,
likely having no bearing on the original question:

On Sep 25, 2:32 pm, Thomas Broyer <t.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. the actual JS function registered as an handler is the same for all
> events

Unless I misunderstood, this can't be true for cases involving
anonymous inner classes that refer to final variables inside the
method and/or internal state:

private int counter = 0;
public Button createButton(final String name)
{
  final int buttonCount = ++counter;
  final Button button = new Button("Hello, " + name);
  button.addClickHandler(new ClickHandler()
  {
    private int clickCounter = 0;
    public void onClick(final ClickEvent ev)
    {
      Window.alert(
        "Hello, " + name +
        "\nThis is button " + buttonCount +
        "\nIt has been clicked " + (++clickCounter) + " times"
      );