I use a deckpanel to hold all my pages.

For example

deckPanel.showWidget(0)  // Show My Welcome/Login page
deckPanel.showWidget(1)  // Show page 1 of application.
deckpanel.showWidget(2) // Show another page of the app etc.

Each Page is some type of Panel, with other widgets on it.

Successful login causes the application to switch to page 1 of the
app.

Mike.