Thanks for the tip.
I tried it and it works - I only needed to link to the GreetingClient
source folder and not to the others.
After that I could compile and run the app in hosted mode using
eclipse buttons and not just from the build file.

I have two problems with this solution:
1. Subversive is shouting over duplicate resources which is very
annoying - couldn't take the warnings down.
    Subversive also shouts about a "Greeting.java" file to be checked
in under a classes folder - weird.
2. The link I created is hard coded (to my computer) and everyone
trying to create a project, separated into a client server
environment, will have to relink the folder.
    I tried using a variable, but the variable is stored in the
workspace and not in the project, thus anyone trying to use this
environment layout will need to redefine the variable.
    Jason, what you suggested is much more elegant than the symbolic
link I tried at first because it is the eclipse way, but as I said, it
still has the same "hardcodedness" problem.

Does anyone know how to solve the 2 problems above in order for the
environment to be more complete?

--Alik