It is possible in GWT 2.0, which hasn't been released as yet (but you can
still get it working by building from trunk).

The feature is called 'Developer Guided Code Splitting'. The developer has
to demarcate code by invoking the GWT.runAsync() method, and then provide a
callback interface which gets called once the code has downloaded.

You can read more about it at the following links -
Code Splitting Wiki -
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/wiki/CodeSplitting
"Story of Your Compile" presentation @ Google IO -
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/media_gallery.html