I have been searching for several hours for some type of a tutorial on
how to do this.  I was wanting to use some widgets from GwtExt because
of their easy validation methods, but cannot seem to get my webapp to
compile.

I have linked the jar file as an external jar, and it shows up under
"Referenced Libraries" in the Package Explorer in eclipse.

Do I need to add a source tag in the gwt.xml file for my webapp?  If
so, what is the format of this tag?

Also, I keep seeing the term java classpath.  What does that mean?  Is
that was appears in the Package Explorer under src?

The error message is :

"Unable to find 'com/gwtext/client/widgets/form/TextField.gwt.xml' on
your classpath; could be a typo, or maybe you forgot to include a
classpath entry for source?"