Nope. You can construct data to be send in the time when you want to send
the request. You need another class lets say RequestData who implement some
interface for easy testing, and contain all data that you need to operate
with. I will write a little all-in-one example with the server side and
stuff. You can download here on this direct link:
http://www.makpcworld.com/java/async-request-loader.rar

Browser is single thread just like Shawn say but that thread can sleep and
continue to work when server send response ;)
I hope this will help you.

Good luck

Lazo Apostolovski