Thank you very much for the quick reply. Sorry, I should have added
one more step:

6. Now go back and run testapp1 again.

By the way, the 404 is not on the HTML, but rather the css and default
RPC service generated on new web app project (as visible in the GWT
log window). This occurs regardless of run configurations. I have even
manually created run configurations and it doesn't help. Running each
of the projects a couple of times will replicate this and once it
happens, only one of the projects won't work.

I also found that this issue spans workspaces. Therefore, if the
plugin has an idea of an html name that belongs to a project and you
switch workspaces this still occurs. I will manually execute the
hosted browser via ant scripts and see if I can determine whether it's
a plugin issue or a hosted mode issue.

If the source was available for the plugin, I'd find the issue
myself :-)

Thanks