On 28 oct, 18:05, Fran <elf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi! My name is Fran and I've been working with gwt for almost 2 years
> now and I couldn't be any happier with the results.
>
> Lately I was dealing with some issues regarding spliting my app in
> several modules in order to re-use them in future projects. This is an
> example of what I have right now:
>
> CommonModule
> SalesModule
> ClientsModule
> AdminModule
> WebConsoleModule (containing the entry-point)
>
> The problem is in my webconsole xml file, becouse I have to inherit
> every module (Sales, Clients, Common) and in every other project,
> except webconsole I also have to inherit the common, which I think
> that may be creating a kind of looping or somewhat that delays the
> compiling...

Did you notice how every single module within GWT inherits Core? and
HTTP inherits User (in pre-2.0; in 2.0 it inherits XMLHttpRequest),
User inherits DOM and Events (which also inherits DOM), 2.0's UiBinder
inherits User, I18N, etc. and User is itself composed of several
gwt.xml files, with UserAgent inheriting EmulationWithUserAgent to
optimize StringBuilder/StringBuffer depending on the browser.

And you thought your organization was "too complex for GWT's
compiler"? ;-)

> Well my question is, Is there any template or rule to follow in order
> to create a well moduled application bases of course on modules ?

Your organization looks OK to me.