Hi all,

My GWT application use Db4o (some object oriented database), and it use
sockets to connect the database server. Besides my application works running
in apache tomcat, when a try to runs on Hosted Mode I got the error:

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.net.Socket is a restricted
class. Please see the Google  App Engine developer's guide for more details.
at
com.google.appengine.tools.development.agent.runtime.Runtime.reject(Runtime.java:51)
 at
com.db4o.config.PlainSocketFactory.createSocket(PlainSocketFactory.java:18)
at com.db4o.foundation.network.NetworkSocket.<init>(NetworkSocket.java:23)
 at com.db4o.Db4o.openClient(Db4o.java:180)
at com.db4o.Db4o.openClient(Db4o.java:144)
 at com.db4o.Db4o.openClient(Db4o.java:110)
at
br.com.oxcrawl.server.controller.core.database.db4o.Db4oFactory.<init>(Db4oFactory.java:46)
 at
br.com.oxcrawl.server.controller.core.database.interfaces.Factory.getInstance(Factory.java:28)
at
br.com.oxcrawl.server.controller.core.application.LoginAction.doServerAction(LoginAction.java:29)
 at
br.com.tarlis.actioncontrol.server.controller.core.action.GenericServerAction.doAction(GenericServerAction.java:66)
at
br.com.tarlis.actioncontrol.server.controller.core.service.ActionServiceImpl.doAction(ActionServiceImpl.java:54)
at
 at
 at
com.google.appengine.tools.development.agent.runtime.Runtime.invoke(Runtime.java:100)
at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:527)
 ... 27 more

I know that is because the hosted mode do not allow access to the file
system and socket connection. However, I was looking for a way to allow
socket connections from hosted mode, somekind of configuration. But I don't
find anything on web. If you know a way to do this, help me please.

Thanks,
--
Tarlis Portela

Vietec Vida e Tecnologia Sistemas Ltda
E-mail - tar...@vietec.com.br
Site - www.vietec.com.br
Fone - (46) 3220-2668
Fone - (46) 3220-2624

Rua Elisa Rosa Colla Padoan, 45, Sala 108.
85503-390
Pato Branco - PR