I'm having some trouble dealing with escaping and unescaping of Java
strings for encoding in JSON.

I use JSONString to encode a Java string and that seems to work ok.
For example, newlines turn into \n, tabs turn into \t and so on.

However, given this escaped sequence back, how to I turn this back
into an unescaped javastring wheren \n is turned into a newline and so
on?

If I use stringvalue() on the JSONString it just gives back the same
json encoded string with the \n and \t encoding etc.

Anyone have any ideas? :)