which was an excellent training tool.

However I'm at the bit where I'm deploying my RPC-based web app to my
local apache-tomcat installation.(see
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/1.6/DevGuideServerCommunication.html#DevGuideRPCDeployment)

The normally fantastic instructions seem to be lacking here, unless
I've missed something.  It says :
"If you created your project with webAppCreator, you can simply run
ant war in your project directory"

Problem is I didn't use webAppCreator, I used the New Web Application
Project wizard that comes with Eclipse.

So, how do I retrospectively create my build.xml etc?

many thanks for the help, apologies if I missed the obvious..