Our app is still 60-70% complete and already has 2.1MiB of obfuscated
code. Pretty code is 14+MiB.
However we've developed several components and widgets, and we have a
lot of RemoteServices wich several (and sometimes complex) model
classes, which are transmitted over the wire.
We will still further investigate the GWT 2.0's runAsync(), which
should make things better.
Gzipping is also a must.
Just to point out, someone said that changing collection interfaces to
implementations (i.e.: List to ArrayList) in remote services /
serializable classes would reduce the code size. We tried it, and
reduced 100k. Not to ignore, but would make the code largely
unmaintainable, so we won't do it.
Any further tips on reducing code size would be nice.
--
Luis Fernando Planella Gonzalez