Hi,

Naive, little 'ol me is back.  This time with TextBox and event
questions.

I have a textbox and a button.  When the page first loads the textbox
is empty and the button is disabled.  If one or more non-white-space
characters are typed in the box then then I want the button to become
enabled.  I am sort-of doing this now -- except that it takes two
characters to trigger the events.

    searchTerm.addChangeHandler(new ChangeHandler() {
        @Override
        public void onChange(ChangeEvent event) {
            if (searchTerm.getValue().trim().equals("")) {
                searchButton.setEnabled(false);
            } else {
                searchButton.setEnabled(true);
    });
    searchTerm.addKeyPressHandler(new KeyPressHandler() {
        @Override
        public void onKeyPress(KeyPressEvent event) {
            if (searchTerm.getValue().trim().equals("")) {
                searchButton.setEnabled(false);
            } else {
                searchButton.setEnabled(true);
                if (event.getCharCode() == KeyCodes.KEY_ENTER) {
                    getInfo();
    });

I started with only the ChangeHandler but I do not seem to understand
what defines "chenge".  I know that my audience will want to use
"enter" as a "submit" so I added the KeyPressHandler.

So with the above I see the following: With a blank TextBox I have a
disabled searchButton.  If I type one non-whitespace character in the
textbox nothing happens -- the searchButton does not become enabled.
If I type a second non-whitespace character then the button does
become enabled.

Maybe I should use a KeyDown handler instead of a ChangeHandler?