Le lundi 23 novembre 2009 12:29:10, ben fenster a écrit :
> why cant i make a sub class for java.util.List
> every time i do i get compile errors

Documentation is clear :

  "Google Web Toolkit includes a library that emulates a subset of the Java
runtime library. The list
    below shows the set of JRE packages, types and methods that GWT can
translate automatically.
   Note that in some cases, only a subset of methods is supported for a given
type."

    http://code.google.com/intl/fr/webtoolkit/doc/1.6/RefJreEmulation.html

java.util.List is in the emulated list but you'd better check if all methods
are supported

I tried to write an empty implementation (no time to waste) of List<String>,
and GWTCompiler seems to be happy with it,
so I'd suspect an error in your code (using something else that is not
supported by gwt jre emulation).

By the way, you're asking insistingly without giving any valuable information
for us to help you ... IMHO that's
impolite.

/Paul