Any updates?
I have the same problem using Vista + IE 8.0.6001.18828.

After first installation(GWT 2.Beta1) it worked for some time (at
least 1 day),
but after reboot it stopped working(Vista installed system updates and
requested for reboot).
I tried to repir/reinstall GWT plugin, but it still doesn't work.

I tried GWT2 Beta1, Beta2 and RC1, still no success.