Hi Daniel,

a 404 error code means the server can't find its way to the
webservice, so my advice to you,
copy all the contents of the WAR folder after GWT compilation process
succeeded.
The new folder that you have compress it and change its extension
from .zip to .war
Move that new folder (with .war extension) to tomcat webapps folder
and restart tomcat.
Tomcat will automatically deploy your application.
Good luck!