Annotations in client code can be used during GWT's rebind phase of the
compilation, but they are not accessible at runtime on the client side.  GWT
doesn't support much of Java's reflection functionality on the client side
in order to keep the compiled Javascript code smaller.

You can write a custom generator, which can be called to create
implementation code for specific interfaces during the rebind phase, to
generate your marshaling code at compile-time.  This is the approach taken
by lovely-gwt-jsonrpc <http://code.google.com/p/lovely-gwt-jsonrpc/>, for
example, and is how all of GWT's built-in RPC functionality works.  You may
be able to leverage some or all of the work in that project to accomplish
what you're trying to do.

Jamie