I've got my app working with a TreeMap downloaded from the server but
this collection needs to be reverse sorted.

The way to reverse the sort on a java.util.TreeMap is to constuct it
with

new TreeMap<Long,String>(Collections.reverseOrder());

But when I attempt to serialize it, I get this exception:

 com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.SerializationException: Type
'java.util.Collections$ReverseComparator' was not included in the set
of types which can be serialized by this SerializationPolicy or its
Class object could not be loaded. For security purposes, this type
will not be serialized.
        at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.impl.StandardSerializationPolicy.validateSerialize
(StandardSerializationPolicy.java:83)
        at
com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.impl.ServerSerializationStreamWriter.serialize
(ServerSerializationStreamWriter.java:591)
        at
com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.impl.AbstractSerializationStreamWriter.writeObject
(AbstractSerializationStreamWriter.java:129)
        at
com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.core.java.util.TreeSet_CustomFieldSerializer.serialize
(TreeSet_CustomFieldSerializer.java:44)

Got any ideas on how to overcome this situation?