I'd recommend that you initially have your system connected to the Internet,
and when you first access your GWT Application in development mode via the
browser, you'll be prompted to install the GWT Development Mode plugin.
After that point, you can debug your GWT Apps without having to be connected
to the Internet (for that browser).

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 3:26 AM, rjcarr <rjc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Agreed, same question here.  No matter what I do I can't get the
> browser to even trigger the download.  I assume it is because I need
> to run as "no server", but shouldn't I still be able to get it?  Is
> "no server" even an option for gwt 2?  I'm really confused about the
> new gwt 2 updates and how closely integrated it is into eclipse.

Running in "no server" mode has nothing to do with being connected to the
Internet - you only need to use that option if you don't want to make use of
GWT's embedded web server (i.e. you have a back-end with a specific
configuration set up already that you'd like to use).

If the browser is not triggering the download, you may be getting bit by the
issue of having a stale hosted.html file after switching SDK versions. This
is a bug that we definitely need to fix.

Delete the generated directory in your war folder, and then try hitting your
GWT App again. If the download is not triggered, hold down the SHIFT key and
hit Reload in your browser. That should force your browser to request the
new version of hosted.html, ignoring any files in its cache.

If you have any other questions about GWT 2.0's integration with Eclipse,
please do ask. We definitely do not want people to be confused about it :).