I have the same error in Hosted Mode. Production is fine. Making all
my types implement IsSerializable fixes the problem, but I'd really
rather not have to tie all my objects to GWT like that.

P.S: Maybe unrelated, I get this warning with the IsSerializable fix.
I'm getting multiple .rpc files in my build output, i.e. the directory
Hosted Mode uses. Only 1 .rpc file makes it to the war file, so that's
probably why it doesn't show up in production.

2009-12-11 19:10:13 ERROR org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.
[Catalina].[localhost].[/jkurkowski]  - servletGWT: WARNING: Failed to
get the SerializationPolicy '864B08CED5452C2F235E67317E0E0948' for
module 'http://localhost:8080/jkurkowski/com.foo.module.Module/'; a
legacy, 1.3.3 compatible, serialization policy will be used.  You may
experience SerializationExceptions as a result.