Hello I'm working to develop a plugin-based application but I'm a bit
confused on how to achieve my goal. I'm using GWT 2.0, GWT-Ext 2.0.6
and Google Maps API for GWT 1.0.4.

My plugins are classes that create new layers or markers on a google
map widget and fill a GWT Ext panel.
I wrote an abstract base class, called Layer, that every plugin
inheriths from.

So my goal is to load at runtime those plugins from their class names,
read from an XML file similar to the following:

<layer class="my.app.namespace.client.layers.Layer1" name="Layer1" />
<layer class="my.app.namespace.client.layers.Layer2" name="Layer2" />
<layer class="my.app.namespace.client.layers.Layer3" name="Layer3" />

I think I have to use Deferred Binding to achieve this goal but I'm a
bit confused on how to use it.

So definitely, what I would like to do, is to load at runtime a list
of classes
from a string representation of their name. Do you have any advice

Thank you in advance for any answer

Greets

Marco