> Now, I remain with only one issue: why does it give "Invalid memory
> access of location 0x8 eip=0x4a8aeb".
>
> Any clue, what it could be?

I have a similar environment -- OSX Leopard, GWT 2, Gxt 2.1.  It's fine.

A user on the GXT forums complained GXT2.1 and GWT didn't work so I
tried the simple example .

I got an error similiar to yours.  The GXT forums are down now so I
can't link to it.

Anyway, the odd thing was I only got the error when the GXT code was
at the very beginning of the onModuleLoad method. If it were near the
end or outside of it GXT code ran fine.

Maybe this is why the GXT examples run but yours doesn't -- just a
guess and I don't know the reason.

Anyway, I read you post but don't understand your set-up.  For 2.0GWT
I use dev mode and not hosted mode any longer.

Shawn