Well,

A couple ideas come to mind. The first one is to implement an
IncrementalCommand. Have it return true while the view is building. Set a
flag when the view is built. The IncrementalCommand checks this flag, does
any cleanup and returns false. You can probably put the IncrementalCommand
as an anonymous function in the main routine.