Further ...... I tried to implement your suggession, the class-path entry was the missing part which was leading to the previous error in CASE II described below.

-src
--main
---java
----com
-----gwtAppl
(MyApplication.gwt.xml)
------client
------server

I added the source entry of 'client' in gwt.xml.

The Things moved ahead but it gave a different error which I'm not able to resolve.

[DEBUG] Loading an instance of module 'myapplication'
[DEBUG] Refreshing module from source
[DEBUG] Validating newly compiled units
[TRACE] Removing units with errors
[ERROR] Errors in 'file:/C:/work/day2/drop2B/F226551_Drop2B/........../src/main/java/com/gwtAppl/client/GreetingService.java' [ERROR] Line 1: The declared package "com.gwtAppl.client" does not match the expected package "client" [ERROR] Errors in 'file:/C:/work/day2/drop2B/F226551_Drop2B/........../src/main/java/com/gwtAppl/client/GreetingServiceAsync.java' [ERROR] Line 1: The declared package "com.gwtAppl.client" does not match the expected package "client" [ERROR] Errors in 'file:/C:/work/day2/drop2B/F226551_Drop2B/........../src/main/java/com/gwtAppl/client/MyApplication.java', [ERROR] Line 1: The declared package "com.gwtAppl.client" does not match the expected package "client"

Please suggest.

Thanks a lot,
Girish