I had this same problem, and tried all the options described here (I
had even re-installed eclipse, plugin, etc. etc.).
I tried deleting hosted.html, cleaning and compiling, but I was still
getting the "missing plugin" message.
Finally, I went to IE and cleared the cache. This worked. Beware if
you feel like trying out GWT 2.0 SDK and need to return to 1.7.1!