You should then probably install something like TamperData or Firebug
for firefox, and see if your request is actually being sent from the
browser.  Or you could use wireshark, but that's not as easy to read.
As well, tamperdata or wireshark will let you see the data in the

BTW, if you are running a separate PHP web server, firefox considers a
different port to be cross-site.
You can work around that by deploying your compiled javascript via the
PHP server, or you can use (eg) Apache to do proxy forwarding so the
browser thinks it is all one site.